Magyk
Welcome! Please log in or register.

Magyk is a fantasy roleplaying website, based off the book series by Angie Sage.

HomeLog inRegisterGallery

Share | 

About Jobs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marcia Overstrand
Admin

PostSubject: About Jobs   Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:03 pm

The careers for humans in Magyk are varied, and some are only available to certain types of people. The common jobs available on this website are as follows:

Wizard: You must be a wizard to have this job. Wizards work in the town center, and their boss is the ExtraOrdinary Wizard. They do what she says, but most of their jobs are something along the lines of checking spells, performing spells, and occasionally even creating new ones.

Officer: A town officer is in charge of keeping things in line. If someone breaks a law, they bring them to the ExtraOrdinary Wizard for punishment. Anyone can have this job, if they take the classes for it and pass.

Hunter: Almost everyone in this career track is male. Usually they are not a shapeshifter, as it would just be slightly odd. In this job, you would usually ride a horse and carry bows and arrows or spears by your side. You would kill animals of all sorts and sell their pelts, meat, or other valuables.

Doctor: Doctor's in Magyk use herbal remedies and spells instead of medicine. There are not very many of them, as it is a difficult art to master. Doctors are very often wizards, though it is not necessary.

Sailor: Sailors travel the world on ships, taking supplies to other countries and bringing supplies back. They are mostly men, though not always.

Shop-keeper: Shop-keepers own a store of some sort, and sell things to others.

Marcia Overstrand
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About Jobs   Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:17 pm

There are also:

Librarians: Librarians are typically female. They work in the library, helping people find the right books or helping them check out.

Manuscriptorium Worker: The workers in the manuscriptorium usually copy old books that are falling apart into new, but will occasionally write new books if asked. This job is available to anyone who can pass the incredibly difficult test.

Gardener: Gardeners work on their own, and plant varieties of herbs and vegetables. They then may sell them or ship them off to other places. Many doctors are also gardeners.

Marcia Overstrand
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About Jobs   Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:26 pm

edited Manuscriptorium worker.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Jobs   

Back to top Go down

About Jobs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1